For Valentine's day, Richard was sick with a cold, so I thought I would make a special, different V-day dinner for the family. I decided to make Rock Cornish Game Hen. I got these really cool silver Renaissance looking eating utensils a couple years ago at a garage sale, so I thought we would have a fun dinner with grape juice in goblets and oven roasted veggies with the game hen. I laid it all out (didn't think to take a picture). I anticipated the ahhs and ooos from Lani and Randi when they saw the spread. As soon as Lani walked in the kitchen and sawthe minature drumsticks on the hen... she screamed. She said she couldn't eat a "baby chicken".
This is the same girl who told me she wants to go to Africa to do service work.
Anyway, next year I'll stick to BBQ steak for dinner; at least it doesn't look like a baby cow on the plate.
1 comment:
Mama-san, tell Lani that they probably don't have Cornish Hens in Africa, so not to worry. Ah, but she should see the drumsticks on those grasshoppers! You really should have taken a pic of the spread, then you could compare your handiwork with Hobart's.
Post a Comment