Randi, Lani, and I spent a few days at Girls camp for our church youth group. I'm the camp director so it was really great to spend time with both Randi & Lani there. This is Lani's last year at camp (the girls can go for 6 years).
Next Lani had a 2 week tennis camp at Whitworth college; she's getting her new grip/serve down... and preparing for an incredible senior year in tennis next spring. She's going to give Ric a run for his money when he comes home and plays her. She then was off to a 4 day cheerleading camp this past week (today is the last day) at Eastern University. They do a lot of stunting and learn new routines, etc. She's had to wake up at 5am and the classes last until 9pm, so she's pretty sore and pooped.
Richard, Janae, Cody, Lani, and Randi went to the midnight premiere of Harry Potter. The girls dressed up, the guys refused (the duds). They had fun seeing alot of people they knew since there were 3 theaters open for the showing.
I have been working a bit more (to pay for all of Lani's camps!) and trying to redo the basement and other rooms in the house. It's also been volunteer month for me. I was able to be CubScout day camp nurse for a day. The only incident was a mini pocket knife cut. I also worked at Hoopfest in my work's first-aid tent. Hoopfest is a huge 3 on 3 basketball tournament downtown. It was a blast... never applied so much moleskin in my life! This last weekend Lani & I volunteered at the Veteran's Wheelchair games. We checked in the athletes and assigned their medical supplies to them. It was so incredible to hear their stories, life changing for sure.
Richard is recuperating from a blood clot, he's supposed to be taking it easy for 4-6 weeks. He has been a bit more compliant after the Dr. told him he would hospitalize him if he didn't stay down.
Ric is doing great. He is the financial secretary now and is in the mission home enjoying some American goodies. He still has a district he's over so he goes out around 4pm and continues to teach.
This is the size racquet I need.
Setting up camp at Girls camp
Randi and Hailey at Hoopfest
Randi and friends before Harry Potter movie.
Lani and Janae
Ric and his companions at Sylvia's baptism(Ric's looking a bit lean there)
1 comment:
Wow looks like you have all been so busy!
Post a Comment