At the last minute I ended up responsible for the music for the EFY dance because our regular DJ had to go out of town. Ric drove in early, very early yesterday morning and graciously agreed to help me out. Thanks to Dad and his computer skills we set up a playlist (purposely excluding "YMCA" and the Chicken dance), and headed out to the Stake center to DJ for 400+ youth. Over 600 showed up for the talks so it was a great turn out. It's harder than it looks because of the wide diversity in what people like. Ric did a great job on the mic and I'm sure the girls were pleased to see such a handsome dude up there. In fact, when I introduced him and said we had a special DJ all the way from Rexburg he got a rousing applause. We had a special dance dedicated to brothers & sisters so Ric could dance with Lani to the Backstreet boys. (a memory I'm sure Lani will always remember). I don't know about everyone else, but I had a blast.
Forever Shermans
Sunday, November 18, 2007
Best of EFY dance
At the last minute I ended up responsible for the music for the EFY dance because our regular DJ had to go out of town. Ric drove in early, very early yesterday morning and graciously agreed to help me out. Thanks to Dad and his computer skills we set up a playlist (purposely excluding "YMCA" and the Chicken dance), and headed out to the Stake center to DJ for 400+ youth. Over 600 showed up for the talks so it was a great turn out. It's harder than it looks because of the wide diversity in what people like. Ric did a great job on the mic and I'm sure the girls were pleased to see such a handsome dude up there. In fact, when I introduced him and said we had a special DJ all the way from Rexburg he got a rousing applause. We had a special dance dedicated to brothers & sisters so Ric could dance with Lani to the Backstreet boys. (a memory I'm sure Lani will always remember). I don't know about everyone else, but I had a blast.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment