Khea came in for another weekend so I could put a ring on her finger, after failing to get the ring in the mail on time last time she came to visit. We stayed in Atlanta for most of the weekend. It was a blast. She came in on Friday and that night took her to burn some time at the down town mall before our dinner appointment which was in three hours. I told her I wanted to look at an art gallery there and she obliged. She thought I was in there to jsut show her my artistic side and appreciate some of the art in Atlanta. The Gallery had a heavy influence of black-afro-american culture so she immediately felt out of place in the gallery and quickly lost interest. After at least 5 min of browsing the studio i led her to a display which had my painting i had set up earlier in the day. it took her a while to notice it, cuz she was looking around and faking like the art was interesting. but when her eyes fixed on the painting she said "oh justin..." that's when i got down on my knee and told her i loved her and asked if she would be my wife and eternal companion. after that we went to a fancy Brazilian buffet and laughed about the awkward surprise Khea had just experienced.
Forever Shermans
Monday, November 19, 2007
Of Course She Said Yes
Khea came in for another weekend so I could put a ring on her finger, after failing to get the ring in the mail on time last time she came to visit. We stayed in Atlanta for most of the weekend. It was a blast. She came in on Friday and that night took her to burn some time at the down town mall before our dinner appointment which was in three hours. I told her I wanted to look at an art gallery there and she obliged. She thought I was in there to jsut show her my artistic side and appreciate some of the art in Atlanta. The Gallery had a heavy influence of black-afro-american culture so she immediately felt out of place in the gallery and quickly lost interest. After at least 5 min of browsing the studio i led her to a display which had my painting i had set up earlier in the day. it took her a while to notice it, cuz she was looking around and faking like the art was interesting. but when her eyes fixed on the painting she said "oh justin..." that's when i got down on my knee and told her i loved her and asked if she would be my wife and eternal companion. after that we went to a fancy Brazilian buffet and laughed about the awkward surprise Khea had just experienced.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
How romantic. I'm glad she finally officially has something tangible to show to her parents! Congrats.
The ring looks gorgeous! Khea told the story much better, I was laughing so hard at how she described the art gallery, too fun! Its a good thing its official because i just got the invitation in the mail
Post a Comment