Forever Shermans

Forever Shermans

Saturday, October 6, 2007

Great way to start the day

I love General Conference! It's such a boost to hear the leaders semi-annually. I loved Boyd K. Packer's talk and Pres. Monson. I would of loved to be in the conference center to hear "live" the choir singing, "I Believe in Christ". The spirit was so strong throughout the song. Elder Packer spoke of how all of us as members of the church are entitled to the same revelation the apostles receive. God is not a respecter of persons. It is the action of our faith to become a witness of Christ.

I feel so overwhelming blessed to have such a faithful, nonwavering husband who loves the Lord and honors his priesthood. He takes such good care of me and treats me like a queen. Here he is 30 years later after I first met him, still the "cool daddy" surfer.




JUSTIN - I'm grateful to you for serving our country and sacrificing the comforts of home to fulfill your assignments and committments. I also know Heavenly Father loves you and has sent Khea to you to help you remember the tender memories of when the spirit had touched you as you attended the temple and served the Lord.





JANAE - How proud I am of you and the "becoming" of a faithful wife and
mother as you strive to fulfill those sacred callings. I love your sense of humor, it brightens my day and keeps me young. I see so much of my mom in you; your strength and service toward others.








CODY - My heart swells when I think of you. My love for your sensitivity and care for me. You have such compassion within you that I feel whenever you give me one of your heartfelt hugs. As a middle child, you are the "HUB" of our family.



RIC - How grateful, very grateful I am for you.

You have been my "wings"
these past couple
years in lifting me spiritually and emotionally. Tote man. F
ew words says it all with you.







LANI - They don't come sweeter than you. (Well, except when you wrestle. My jaw is finally able to close). You have such a quiet, tender way about you that calms me and brings me peace.




RANDI - You are numba one! What joy you bring with all your snuggles and kisses. I love reading the Book of Mormon with you and our discussions. How grateful I am for your desire to follow the example of Christ. You have the "gifts" of each one of your brothers and sisters all wrapped up in your cute little package.



My hope and prayer is our family will always be one of love, unity, and laughter.
I love each one of you with all of my heart.

4 comments:

Big Kahuna said...

Thank you Mom for the positive post. All of us in the family know that we would not be anywhere near who we are in goodness and kindness without your loving example! I too throughly enjoyed the counsel from our humble and wise church leaders. Elder Eyring will be great in the presidency and Elder Cook as the new apostle. I loved the focus that was give to the great comforter.

Anonymous said...

momma bear, you're the best. i can't even start to express my love and admiration for you, there's always a open couch in our apartment for you

Nae-nae said...

Thanks mom, especially for the picture you posted, ditto what Ric and Dad said

Anonymous said...

Thanks Mom, my picture is horrible, but that's me! I love you so much!